This section gives you access to the events that occur around Biomimicry in China and BiDL.
BiDL's own and unique community events are the B~Hives. Look for this icon: .
- December 2016: Starry Night - BiDL Exhibition, Student work exhibition from this year's sustainability lectures and biomimetic courses!
- November 2016: Shanghai Open Data Apps（SODA）Community, BiDL to take part in SODA, more details to come! SODA Facebook
- November 15, 2015: BIOFarm, Field Trip to the farm! Check out where we are going BIOFarm Website on their home page!
- October 30, 2015: Field trip to Glumac, D&I Students take a trip to one of the greenest buildings in Shanghai
- Lectures given by Raquel Paramo & Etienne Axelos, BiDL and D&I, Tongji Design Week
- October 14-15, 2015: Biomimicry Green Rooftop, BiDL and D&I, Tongji Design Week
- June 17, 2015: Lift China 2015 Conference: BiDL's Pius Leuba is holding a masterclass before noon entitled
Biomimicry – The Next Generation of Sustainability
“Lift China is a key event about innovation and digital technologies”. It is for innovators, makers, designers, scientists, engineers, and many more. Sign up now! Check out the Lift Conference web site
- May 22, 2015 Open Night Shanghai FabLab. BiDL's Pius Leuba presented the BiDL wiki as a valuable tool for cross-disciplinary, remote and joint content creation
- April 23, 2015: GreenDrinks Shanghai will be about Biomimicry! BiDL's Pius Leuba will be a speaker, together with Patrick Riley (Interface, Vice-President Greater China) and Francesca Galeazzi (ARUP). Register now on the GreenInitiatives page!
- January 05-10, 2015: Recruiting and arrangement of the Tongji/China teams for participation in the Global Biomimicry Design Challenge. Sign up now!
- October 24-26: Field Trip Nature Learning in TianMuShan National Nature Reserve, with Biomimicry Expert Ms. Sherry Ritter
- October 23: Public Lecture Biomimicry - A Career of Sustainability, Biomimicry Expert Ms. Sherry Ritter, USA
- October 14: Forum Biomimicry: The Future of Sustainable Innovation, BiDL and D&I, Tongji Design Week
- October 13: Session Innovation Inspired by Nature, Conference 'Emerging Practices + Design Journal', Theme: Developing, BiDL and D&I, Tongji Design Week
- October 10-17: Exhibition Biomimicry in China, BiDL and D&I, Tongji Design Week
- October 11-27: Visit of Ms. Sherry Ritter, Senior BaDT (Biologist at the Design Table) and Biomimicry Expert, B3.8, USA. See her visiting schedule
- September 1-12: BiDL Project Weeks, about boosting nature in the city! These Project Weeks are simultaneously the 'Design Practice 2' course of the BA 4th-grader Environmental Designers
- June 03: B>Hive Open Innovation, Zhu Yue
- April 21: B>Hive Slime Mold Growth Experiments, Wu ZongZe
Please also refer to this page for past events.